I have given up on Facebook. I enjoy writting too much for the 147 characters or less attention span that seems to be todays so called social networking crowd and I have decided to try livejournal again if for nothing more then to wtite for myself... I spent over 10 years documenting my life everyday on LJ and I truly miss it. Nothing huge to say at this exact moment ... except... I AM BACK BITCHES.
Follow me on FB: http://www.facebook.com/ibdreamy
2010 SXSW Web Awards Finalists
The finalists for the 13th Annual SXSW Web Awards Finalists presented by Adobe -- all finalists are sites that were launched or completely redesigned in 2009. The winners in each category will be revealed at the SXSW Web Awards Ceremony on Sunday evening, March 14 at the Hilton Austin Downtown. I so wish I could go. :( ALERT: The sites in this list kick ass and I think some of you will be highly impressed with some of the amazing things web designers and developers are doing online nowadays.
Sites that revolutionize the power of publishing by providing regularly updated content of a personal or professional nature.
The portfolios, pet projects and personal collections of individuals who are displaying their work and passions online.
This category is devoted exclusively to the student web designers who are refreshing this industry with new talent and new ideas.
These are the sites that are re-inventing and re-defining the technical parameters of our online experience.
Green and Non-profit websites that are striving to make the world a better place.
Humor, memes and all the stuff that is weird for the sake of weird.
From traditional photography to untraditional performances, this category focuses on web-based collections of life, society and culture.
Sites devoted to the promotional needs, functions and services of for-profit businesses.
This category showcases sites that push the boundaries of CSS coding technology, bringing together top-notch design and content with standards compliant and accessible code.
While the SXSW Interactive Web Awards focus on the best new internet destinations, this category is devoted to sites that launched before January 1, 2009.
Social networks and wikis that have quickly developed an extraordinarily active multi-user community and an exceptional following of users who assist with content development.
From elementary school learning to advanced technology-related tips, these are sites that help you learn.
These are cutting-edge and trend-setting destinations that are pushing the envelope and challenging our perceptions of the web.
Film / TV
Sites related to actors, television, films and the film industry, as well as destinations that offer streaming video content.
The online destinations that help make your life a lot more fun.
Sites optimized for handheld and portable devices.
Animations, cartoons, and other intriguing content built using applications such as Adobe/Macromedia Flash.
Sites related to musicians, bands, and the music industry, as well online radio and other destinations that offer streaming audio content.
My Fav list of books I've read in 2009
- Bloodsucking Fiends: A Love Story - cheerfully perverse, gut-busting tale of young vampires in love.
- You Suck by Christopher Moore - A young man falls in love with a beautiful vampire in Moore's offbeat comic novel. (sequel to You Suck)
- A Dirty Job by Christopher Moore - When objects in his store begin glowing, strangers drop dead before him and man-sized ravens start attacking him, Charlie figures something's up. Along comes Minty Fresh—the man in green—to enlighten him: turns out Charlie and Minty are Death Merchants, whose job (outlined in the Great Big Book of Death) is to gather up souls before the Forces of Darkness get to them. While Charlie's employees, Lily the Goth girl and Ray the ex-cop
- The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Book 1 and Book 2) - about a contemporary 12-year-old New Yorker who learns he's a demigod. Perseus, aka Percy Jackson, thinks he has big problems. His father left before he was born, he's been kicked out of six schools in six years, he's dyslexic, and he has ADHD. What a surprise when he finds out that that's only the tip of the iceberg: he vaporizes his pre-algebra teacher, learns his best friend is a satyr, and is almost killed by a minotaur before his mother manages to get him to the safety of Camp Half-Blood--where he discovers that Poseidon is his father.
- The Amulet of Samarkand (The Bartimaeus Trilogy, Book 1) by Jonathan Stroud - Nathaniel is a boy magician-in-training, sold to the government by his birth parents at the age of five and sent to live as an apprentice to a master.
- The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett - A beautiful book that kept me clued to the pages. - Tom Builder's dream is to build a cathedral, but in the meantime, he must scrounge about to find a lord that will hire him. His search pulls him and his family into the politics of 12th-century England, as different lords vie to gain control of the throne in the wake of the recently deceased king. Prior Phillip, a man raised in the monastery since childhood, also finds himself drafted into the brewing storm as he must protect the interests of a declining church.
My company bought all of our 70 employees an Amazon Kindle for Christmas! Pretty Sweet! I don't know much about the kindle and I had never even seen one until I unwrapped the gift at our Christmas party. Everyone was so excited so I can only assume that it must be pretty cool :)
I haven't had much of a chance to play with it yet so I'm just curious.. do any of you own a Kindle and if yes, how do you use it? Do you like it better then reading actual books? Do you have any favorite books that you recommend? Tips? Free book links? What are you reading at this moment?
I'm an avid reader but I've never really had a desire to read my books on my iPod or my phone or even online because I really like to read actual books that I can hold in my hand so I'm not sure if I'll ever catch on to the Kindle craze but we shall soon see I guess.
I love my company by the way and I'm so grateful to have a job for one and for two to be working there.
Happy 2010!! This will be my 8th YEAR on LJ!
Created on 2001-06-19 12:36:17 (#192050)
22,647 comments received, 16,906 comments posted
WOW! right? Totally nuts. I'm like the granny of LJ.
This is totally off topic but it's what I'm messing with at the moment... I probably should of put this in a separate post but eh oh well.. Here is My most recent speedtest results for my PC connection to Comcast in Vancouver, WA I'm curious what other people are getting.. especially if your on Comcast and in Vancouver or Portland. The test is totally free and easy just click the banner and click test.
I just figured out how to stream media from my computer to my PS2/TV so now I can watch all my downloaded movies and view my pictures on my big screen etc.. listen to music.
I'm using http://tversity.com/ it was incredibly easy to setup so if your looking for a way to stream media to your XP PC there you go just download and follow the prompts. :) You can also use http://orb.com/ but Tversity seems better in my humble opinion.
Now if my son ever got this bad on the computer.. I'd be throwing the computer out the window. This video is pretty funny but it's also pretty sad that this kid got that angry over a game. It shows us how bad games can be in my and in my opinion it's a real eye opener.
We try to limit Connor's game playing and he doesn't play on the computer at all until after his homework is done and then only until 8pm. He doesn't play online MMORPG's online either. So No World of WarCraft for Connor and believe me he has asked several times for this game. I think that game is a little too addictive. I've seen people waste their lives playing that game. Moderation is the key. When your kid asks for World of War Craft for Christmas.. just remember this video.
That's my brother playing with him in the grass..the little boy toby is chasing is his son lil Ryan.
I took this video of my new puppy Toby playing outside with Olivia and the little neighbor girl. I probably should of edited it because people might find it boring but I think it's cute. :)